Are you a law firm looking to offer a legal check-up template? Scroll below to find our free content to add in a legal check-up.
What is a legal check-up?
A legal check-up is a questionnaire that law firms offer their clients to generate more information and knowledge of circumstances. This helps in terms of planning and implementing a strategy to provide services in the future.
Typical Legal Check-up Questions
Below we have a range of questions taking from law firms around the world that do it well. A law firm called Conor McLaughlin and Associates, do this well with their version of a legal check-up.
Types of information to add to your legal check-up template
The questions will be different if you are targeting only private or commercial clients. Below are some of the basics for your template to get started with.
Private and Commercial Client:
- Client name
- Phone number
Private Client Only:
- Are you married?
- Are you employed?
- Do you have dependents?
- Do you own property?
- Do you own stocks and/or shares?
- Do you own a property?
- Have you suffered a personal injury?
- Have you suffered a data breach?
- Have you been dismissed from a job?
- Have you made a will?
Commercial Client Only:
- Do you and employer?
- Are you a tax resident of “X” State?
- How many shareholders are in your organisation?
- Is there are succession plan?
- What type of insurance cover does your organisation have?
- Has there been employee dismissals recently?
- Are there steps taken to protect customer/client data?